The Chair Election of OISTAT Performance Design commission will be held at Performance Design commission meeting in 2019 during Prague Quadrennial in Prague, Czech Republic.
The mission of OISTAT Performance Design is to exchange thoughts, ideas and visions among young and experienced professionals worldwide. This includes all aspects of the performance design and live art: space, set, costumes, lighting, and sound and music composition.
We would like to thank the current Chair Markéta Fantová, for her achievement and commitment that opened up various possibilities for OISTAT Performance Design commission. We hope that the succeeding Chair will lead OISTAT Performance Design commission in the following four years with equal success.
The Call for candidates is now open. OISTAT Centres, Individual Members & Associate Members are encouraged
to send nominations to Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 13, 2019.
The Candidate nominations from OISTAT Centres should include a letter from the Centre, the candidate’s CV and the candidate’s statement of intent. The nominations from Individual & Associate Members should include a letter of nomination from a peer OISTAT member, the candidate’s CV and the candidate’s statement of intent.
The Chair of OISTAT Performance Design is the member of OISTAT Governing Board (GB). Governing Board members shall work under the auspices of the Congress and not as representatives of their OISTAT Centres and shall meet with Executive Committee at least once a year, not including its meeting at the Congress. The Chair of OISTAT Performance Design shall also organize commission meetings at least once a year to discuss projects, commission affairs and collaborations with other commissions.
Guidelines for election of Chairs of commissions can be found in OISTAT Statutes-Appendix 2:
RULES FOR THE ELECTION OF THE PRESIDENT, THE MEMBERS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE AND THE CHAIRS OF COMMISSIONS
A general schedule for elections which ensures continuity and complies with the Statutes shall be made by the Executive Committee.
C.THE CHAIRS OF COMMISSIONS
- Members of OISTAT Centres, Individual Members and delegates of Associate Members are eligible to be elected as Chair of a Commission.
- At least six months before a Commission meeting takes place at which a Chair is to be elected, the EC will ask
the OISTAT Centres, Individual Members and Associate Members to nominate candidates for the post of Chair of the Commission in question.
- The OISTAT Centres, Individual Members and Associate Members should send names and addresses of possible candidates to the EC within two months.
- The EC will appoint one or more persons who will contact the persons in question for further information.
- This list will be made public at least two months before the Commission meeting at which the election is to take place.
- Only delegates of the OISTAT Centres, Individual Members and delegates of Associate Members attending that Commission meeting will be entitled to vote.
- The election takes place by secret ballot.
- The candidate who has the highest number of votes cast, if these are more than half of the votes cast, will become Chair.
- If such a result is not obtained during the first election, then a second election will be held between the two candidates with the highest number of votes. If two candidates have equally received the second highest number of votes, then an election shall first be held between these two candidates.
- After the Chair has been elected, one or more Vice-Chairs will be chosen.
- Should the Chair resign or otherwise leave office during his/her term of office, the Vice-Chair will hold office
until the next scheduled meeting.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your recommendations and nominations.