The Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation, the Union of Museums of Russia, the Russian Committee of the International Council of Museums (ICOM), the A.A. Bakhrushin State Central Theatre Museum
hold the International Museum Forum in Moscow, 8-11 October 2019,
dedicated to the 125th anniversary of the A.A. Bakhrushin State Central Theatre Museum.
The main theme of the forum is
PRESERVATION AND STUDY of the WORLD THEATRE CULTURAL HERITAGE
Managers and employees of Russian and foreign state theatre museums, as well as museums, archives, libraries, universities and research institutions possessing theatre collections; theatre directors and curators of theatres of near and far abroad, representatives of ministries of culture, representatives of theatre public organizations, figures of theatrical art, collectors, theatre experts, museum experts, cultural experts, art critics, teachers and university students are invited to participate.
The forum will include an International scientific conference, round tables and seminars on topical issues of museum activity and theatrical art.
The main problems of the scientific conference are:
• Theatrical heritage in museums, archives, libraries
• Problems of preservation of theatrical cultural heritage
• History of theatre in museum collections: problems of theatre heritage research
• Theatre collections in the system of state museum funds
• Theatre museum in the modern cultural space
* Museum and theatre: a living history
• The role of the individual in the preservation of theatrical heritage
* Theatre object in the exhibition: new approaches to the presentation of theatrical heritage
* Socio-cultural projects in museums: traditions and innovations
* Trends in the development of modern museum information technologies
* Museum in the structure of theatre and educational tourism
• Preservation of cultural heritage and copyright
* Problems of preservation and presentation of digital theatre heritage to the public
* Forms of open access to theatre heritage
Report duration: 15 minutes.
Official languages – Russian and English.
TRAVEL EXPENSES, FOOD, ACCOMMODATION IS PROVIDED BY THE SENDING PARTY.
The registration fee is 1000 rubles. Excursion program – for an additional fee (tours of Moscow). Following the results of the forum a collection of materials will be published.
Venue: A.A. Bakhrushin State Central Theatre Museum, Karetny Sarai: 31/12 Bakhrushin street, Moscow, metro station „Paveletskaya“.
To participate in the forum, please send by May 31, 2019:
1) completed application form for participation in the forum (see the Appendix 1)
2) short summary of the report in Russian and English (no more than 1000 characters).
Please send the application forms marked „Museum Forum in Moscow“ to the Organizing Committee: e-mail: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
fax: (495) 593-48-48.
More information about the forum can be found on the website www.gctm.ru
For Russian participants: Burlakova Tamara Tikhonovna (academic secretary of the A.A. Bakhrushin State Central Theatre Museum, curator of the forum): + 8(499)238 62-50;
+7 985 992 78 66, email@example.com
For foreign participants: Dilya Rudenko (head of the International department of the A.A. Bakhrushin State Central Theatre Museum, forum co-curator): 8 (499)238-79-33,
+7-919-963 24 54; firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration will also be done on the website of the A. A. Bakhrushin State Central Theatre Museum: www.gctm.ru